Thursday, October 28, 2004

reading

I'm reading three books at once, A Spinster's Luck, by Rhonda Woodward, Last Act in Palmyra, by Lyndsey Davis, and Maisie Dobbs, by Jacqueline Winspear. Ok, so I'm eclectic! Rhonda is a friend of mine, and I'm trying to read her three trad. Regencies back to back.

Strangely, I never used to like the sweet, traditional Regencies, but in the last year or so, I've gotten kind of addicted. I write very hot books, so maybe I like getting back to kisses and intrigue on the dance floor. Very good Regencies I've read in the last year are Miranda's Mistake by Jenna Mindel; Jo-Ann Ferguson's mystery/romances featuring Priscilla Flinders and her to-die-for hero; Glenda Garland's books, which have wonderful depth of character, and Rhonda Woodward's, which are sweet stories about people you want to meet.

I wish, wish, wish I had more time to read. I try to get in an hour a day, because I have so many TBRs and TBBs, but writing books sure takes up lots of time.

I've managed to revise 310 pages of Lingerie Addict so far. Only 65 more to go. Then I'll incorporate what my crit. partner tells me and do another pass to polish it clean.

Doesn't that sound so easy?

My mouth is slowly healing, but the dental work has really burned me out. My usual 90 mph drive has petered down to a measly fifteen on a bicycle.

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home