Monday, October 11, 2004

revisions, proofs, critiques, oh my

Been doing a lot since last post. Read through the proofs for Care and Feeding of Pirates, and I am most pleased with how the story turned out. Best romance I've written, thus far. I can't wait to see the book in February.

Working on revisions to Sudbury School murders. Still not satisfied, but it's getting there. I read my critique partner's next Regency, out next summer some time. It will be the followup to Lady Notorious which will be out in the spring '05.

It was fabulous!! Glenda Garland is a great writer--these two 2005 books just blew me away. I couldn't wait to read each chapter as it rolled off my printer. Critiquing wasn't a chore--I wanted to see what happened!

Also finished another mini project, this one a Georgian foyer (ok, the chair is Victorian, but the feel is Georgian).




I did all the gold leafing on the chair and the picture frame. For the walls, I wallpapered the box walls, then made a false wall with cutouts that framed the wallpaper so it looks like sunken panels. Turned out nice, I think. I heard another miniaturist once say not to bother with real gold leafing--just paint with metallic gold craft paint. But I think there is something to be said for the real gold leaf. It has a depth that the paint alone can't reproduce.

More views of this box (albeit before I got the painting up) are at http://jennifersromances.com/Miniatures/stateday.html

Ok, enough minis! Time to go back to revisions.

Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home