Wednesday, June 08, 2005

back in town

Back from a fabulous vacation in San Diego. Stayed at a cushy hotel in La Jolla, strolled Scripps Park and beaches, sat in a coffee house and looked out over the cove. Weather was wonderful--70 degrees and overcast (to someone from the baking desert, that's wonderful). Not really good for sailing, but great for parking myself on a chair and breathing in.

Back to work now, but so many distractions. Came home to find the copy-edits of Body in Berkley Square on my doorstep, due right away, so had to drop everything and do that. Then of course it's release month for both Sudbury School Murders and Confessions of a Lingerie Addict.

I need to finish up A Covent Garden Mystery and Penelope and Prince Charming. Now there's this RWA graphical standards hullabaloo. I am sensing a schism in the making--kind of like the Episcopal church over the 1928 Book of Common Prayer. We'll see what happens.

Then of course I have a personal life (a life? what's that?). So with all this madness, I'm trying to find a peaceful place inside me to resume writing.

To write, you not only need time, you need inner quiet, energy, and concentration. You might have all the time in the world, but if you don't have that quiet focus, you can't do anything.

So, shutting down Internet, going off to find a quiet place, and immersing myself in the worlds I've created.

(My neighbors are building a pool, so don't know how quiet it will be around here!)

Take care,
Jennifer
www.jennifersromances.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home