Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hot days of August

My husband is busily putting down flooring in our hall and I'm busily trying to organize myself and keep on writing. This past year has been a mess of trying to keep everything straight and my sanity intact. I haven't always been successful! (In the sanity part, that is, LOL.)

I spent a day in Sedona not long ago and communed with nature, so that helped. Went to the new age store and indulged in crystals. It's funny how the minute I walk into that store I'm immediately pulled to the stones and crystals. They sing to me, I guess.

Found a nice peice of amber to go with my character, Amber, in the upcoming Immortals series. For inspiration. The book is shaping up nicely and will go to my editor soon.

I have to say that writing paranormals (both contemp. and historical) has me researching varied and interesting things. In the last year I've immersed myself in Greek mythology and history, Greek archaeology, Chinese history, Wicca and magick, Egyptian mythology, Eastern European history, crystals and stones, and Las Vegas.

Never let anyone tell you that only historical authors do research!

http://www.jennifersromances.com

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Hey but historical research is just world-building. Instead of learning all about Irish Fae and their world, you learn about Regency London and it's world. Same stuff. Really!! :-) (Do you believe me? LOL)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home