Friday, February 01, 2008

Immortals Cover!

Cover for Tain's book--HERE!


Yay!! I love how it turned out!!

I did get another laptop, with a working N key so I could finish TaiN's story. It's now at the publisher, in progress.

Yesterday, that brand new laptop locked up completely, and I spent a frantic hour on online chat with their customer service. The wonderful woman on the other side diagnosed the problem (after many questions), and we got it fixed. A big whew! I would have lost a day's work, which had me in hysterical tears. I usually back up every time I finish a session, but wouldn't you know, the day before yesterday I just didn't. As soon as it unlocked, I backed up every last thing, believe me. :-) What I would have lost was pure creative energy that can't be reproduced. If it had been just edits, I could have remembered mostly what I'd done, but when it's free-thinking rough drafts--if it's lost, it's lost forever. Yikes!

A good lesson--always back up your work!!

My designer is working on updating the Immortals site to reflect the second series--I'll let you know when it's all done. I do keep running updates on the home page (http://www.immortals-series.com) in the meantime.

Jennifer

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger Shel said...

I love the cover, but the fall is entirely too far away!

Good luck with the new computer.

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Thanks Shel! Fall will be here before you know it. It's already February. :-)

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Bonnie Vanak said...

Wow, that is a HOT cover! Love it!

Congrats on being able to N again, lol!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home