Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Losses in the Writer Community

I heard today that Michael Crichton died of cancer. Last week, mystery author Tony Hillerman also passed away.



I wasn't a big reader of Crichton, although I was certainly aware of his works: The Andromeda Strain and Jurassic Park, his most famous, and the lesser known The Great Train Robbery, a personal favorite of mine.



I am a Tony Hillerman fan, enjoying the novels that followed Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee through various murders and other crimes on the Navajo reservation in northern AZ, NM, and southern Utah.

I'm always sad when we lose terrific authors, that their voices will be forever silent. Fortunately they both left behind volumes of great stories that we can read again and again.

I'd like to say good bye to both authors, and thanks for all the wonderful stories.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM , Blogger Bonnie Vanak said...

Loved Crichton. Sphere and Congo were two "I can't put these down" books for me. I think I stayed up all night for Congo, something I rarely do any more.

Such a sad, sad loss. Two voices have been forever silenced.

:-(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home